photo Leelou Blogs free social icons Facebook blue_zps2updm4ql.png photo Leelou Blogs free icons Twitter_zps3dczfoj1.png photo Leelou Blogs free social icons Youtube yellow _zpsd44hdat2.png photo Leelou Blogs free social icons Pinterest blue_zpsby5ymn4i.png

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Primary Colors and Piet Mondrian

One of my goals this year is to try to incorporate more of the VAPA (Visual and Performing Arts) Standards into my teaching.  Last week our theme was on Colors. Everyday I read a book about a different color and sang the color song using YouTube videos shown on our SmartBoard. Each day the kids made a different color "project" from our Back to School Theme Pack.  After all the colors in the rainbow were introduced, I did my "art" lesson on primary colors and the work of Piet Mondrian. The students also created their own Mondrian Art!







No comments:

Post a Comment